blog art

blog art

Wednesday 4 February 2015

2015 AFRICA READING CHALLENGE: MY BOOKS!


This is going to be my first time participating!

The challenge is to read 5 books between 1st January 2015 and December 31st 2015. Eligible books include those which are written by African writers, or take place in Africa, or are concerned with Africans and with historical and contemporary African issues.


Here's my list:

God's Bits of Wood -   Sembene Ousmane
The Wretched of the Earth - Cheik Anta Diop (or any other Cheik Anta Diop book)
A Question of power - Bessie Head
One Day I will Write About this Place - Binyavanga Wainana
The Gonjon Pin and other stories
Tail of the Blue Bird - Nii Ayikwei Parkes

I would also want to re-read Achebe's Anthills of the Savannah, and A Man of the People.

I've started on The Gonjon Pin and other stories! Will post my experiences with each book on the way!

For more information, check out Kinna's blog here: 2015 Africa Reading Challenge

And pshare with me what books you're reading in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment