blog art

blog art

Monday 16 May 2011

Theatre


                                                    A whopping round of applause! Standing ovation! Throw your lilies to the left side of the stage, then your roses to the right side and your love to the center and scream my name. Then laugh and say among yourselves, “She is a wonderful actress, just wonderful!” I would bow humbly to your praise. I would avert my eyes to your show of ecstasy and smile as though I am proud.
Then I would weep in my heart for your mockery of my life which I chose to share with you on stage. You see, my pleas were real propositions of anguish, my knees were really begging and groveling, my tears, my tears…I shed my blood on this stage.
But applaud for that is what you’re supposed to do.
And mock that which I really felt and shared with you…shared with you. I put all of me in there so you could feel my sorrow, so you could feel my anguish and need that is driving me to the depths of a black suicide. So you could understand.
But you say “She’s a wonderful actress, just wonderful.”
Why won’t you hear me? Why can’t any of you hear me?! Your applause would be the death of me.

1 comment: